Loreena McKennitt「Kellswater」
Words and music traditional, arranged and adapted by Loreena McKennitt
翻譯:Miyu

Here’s a health to you bonny Kellswater  把祝福獻給美麗的Kellswater
Where you get all the pleasures of life  那裡有無窮的生活樂趣
Where you get all the fishing and fowling  那裡能自在的捕魚、打獵
And a bonny wee lass for your wife.  還有一個美麗年輕的姑娘,等待成為你的妻子。
  
Oh it’s down where yon waters run muddy  哦,它竟在一片混濁的水域中
I’m afraid they will never run clear  我擔心那水再也無法澄清
And it’s when I begin for to study  但當我開始上學的時候
My mind is on him that’s not here.  我的心裡只有那个人,再顧不得其他。
  
And it’s this one and that one may court him  這個那個儘管勾引他
But if any one gets him but me  但若除我之外的人得到他
It’s early and late I will curse them  我會不停的詛咒那些
The parting lovely Willy from me.  拆散我和可愛的Willy的人。
  
Oh a father he calls on his daughter  哦,一位父親喚來他的女兒
Two choices I’ll give unto thee  “我給你兩個選擇:
Would you rather see Willie’s ship a’sailing  將Willie放逐大海
See him hung like a dog on yonder tree.  或者看他像狗一樣被吊在那邊的樹上。”
  
Oh father, dear father, I love him  “哦,父親,親愛的父親,我愛他
I can no longer hide it from thee  我再也無法向您隱瞞我對他的愛
Through an acre of fire I would travel  我甚至願意穿越火地
Along with the lovely Willie to be.  只要能與可愛的Willie一起。”
  
Oh hard was the heartbreak I’m finding  哦,心碎難拾
She took from her full heart’s delight  心中快樂的那部分不見了
May the chains of old Ireland come find them  願老愛爾蘭的鐵鍊找到它們
And softly their pillows at night.  讓它們在夜裡安眠。(我亂翻的orz)
  
Oh yonder there’s a ship on the ocean  哦,那邊有一條船在海上
And she does not know which way to steer  風也不知道會將它帶向何方
From the east and the west she’s a’blowing  只顧從東到西不停的吹
She reminds me of the charms of my dear.  風提醒著我遠去的爱人多麼富有魅力。
  
Oh it’s yonder my Willie will be coming  哦,那邊是我的Willie將要歸來的方向
He said he’d be here in the spring  他說,春天他會在這裡
And it’s down by yon green shades I’ll meet him  我會在遠處的綠蔭見到他
And among wild roses we’ll sing.  我們還會在野玫瑰的簇擁下歌唱。
  
For a gold ring he placed on my finger  為了一枚他戴在我手指上的金戒
Saying love bear this in your mind  為了一句:“我的愛,請記住:
If ever I sail from old Ireland  即便我從老愛爾蘭遠航
You’ll mind I’ll not leave you behind.  你知道我不會離你而去。
  
Here’s a health to you bonny Kellswater  把祝福獻給美麗的Kellswater
Where you get all the pleasures of life  那裡有無窮的生活樂趣
Where you get all the fishing and fowling  那裡能自在的捕魚、打獵
And a bonny wee lass for your wife.  還有一個美麗年輕的姑娘,等待成為你的妻子。

呃。。。那個。。。如下:
1、“a bonny wee lass for your wife”
都lass了,還wee,難道是幼齒囧?總之這句Miyu自己也很迷糊就是了。
2、“my mind is on him that’s not here”
後半句Miyu翻成“再顧不得其他”是承“I’m afraid”那句,也許Miyu理解錯了。
3、“an acre of fire”
這裡當然不是指火地島了,但是Miyu實在不知道怎麼翻,只好借來用用><
4、“She took from her full heart’s delight”
這句邏輯上木有看懂,所以翻得很含糊
5、“softly their pillows at night”
這句完全沒看懂orz
6、“it’s down by yon green shades I’ll meet him”
這裡的“it’s down by”是指沿著綠蔭走,還是綠蔭是目的地Miyu也很糊塗。
7、Miyu覺得最後一段既是首尾呼應又是承接上段,所以倒數第二段里用了兩個“爲了”。
以上,總之Miyu翻得很亂七八糟就是了orz。


相關信息:
Kellswater is a hamlet near to the village of Kells in Northern Ireland. The name of the hamlet comes from the nearby Kells Water.

作者:Miyu
婷婷嫋嫋疏離,飄飄搖搖相依。