Anita Renfroe「The Mom Song」
Music:Rossini「William Tell Overture」

Get up now 起床
Get up now 起床
Get up out of bed 快起来!
Wash your face 去洗脸
Brush your teeth 去刷牙
Comb your sleepyhead 记得梳头!
Here’s your clothes and your shoes 这是你的衣服你的鞋
Hear the words I said 有没有在听啊?!
Get up now. Get up and make your bed 快起来!然后记得叠被子!
Are you hot? Are you cold? 会热吗?会冷吗?
Are you wearing that? 你就这样穿着出门吗?
Where’s your books and your lunch and your homework at?你的书你的午饭你的作业咧?
Grab your coat and gloves and your scarf and hat 拿外套戴手套,还有围巾和帽子
Don’t forget. You gotta feed the cat 别忘了!你有猫要喂
Eat your breakfast, the experts tell us it’s the most important meal of all 要吃早餐,因为医生说,早餐在一天当中最重要!
Take your vitamins so you will grow up one day to be big and tall 要吃维他命,因为这样你才有一天长得壮又高!
Please remember the orthodontist will be seeing you at 3 today 记得今天下午三点你要去看牙医
Don’t forget your piano lesson is this afternoon so you must play 别忘了钢琴课在今天下午,所以你要练!
Don’t shovel 别狼吞虎咽
Chew slowly 要细嚼慢咽
But hurry 但快点!
The bus is here 公车已经到了
Be careful 小心点!
Come back here 给我过来~~
Did you wash behind your ears? 你有没有洗你的耳背?
Play outside, don’t play rough, will you just play fair? 出去外面玩,别玩太疯,别闹太凶
Be polite, make a friend, don’t forget to share 有礼貌,要交朋友,记得要分享
Work it out, wait your turn, never take a dare 要认真,有耐心一点,危险事别做
Get along. Don’t make me come down there 乖一点,别搞到要让我出面!
Clean your room, fold your clothes, put your stuff away 去整理房间,叠衣服,把东西收拾干净
Make your bed, do it now, do we have all day? 把床铺好,马上做,没那美国时间啦!
Were you born in a barn? Would you like some hay? 为什么房间乱得象狗窝一样?
Can you even hear a word I say? 到底有没有在听我说话?
Answer the phone. Get off the phone. 接~~电话,把电话挂掉!
Don’t sit so close, turn it down, no texting at the table 离电视远点,开小声点,吃饭别玩手机
No more computer time tonight. 今晚,今晚不准玩电脑!
Your iPod’s my iPod if you don’t listen up 不想被没收iPod,就给我听话!
Where are you going and with whom and what time do you think you’re coming home? 你要去哪儿,跟谁鬼混,你以为几点才会回来?
Saying thank you, please, excuse me makes you welcome everywhere you roam 说谢谢、请、对不起,这样才能到处受欢迎
You’ll appreciate my wisdom someday when you’re older and you’re grown 我的苦心教导,长大了你自然会感激
Can’t wait till you have a couple little children of your own 等你有小孩了
You’ll thank me for the counsel I gave you so willingly 你就知道,你会感激我给你的忠告这么有智慧
But right now I thank you not to roll your eyes at me 但现在,我还要谢谢你没对我翻白眼
Close your mouth when you chew, would appreciate 吃东西时把嘴巴闭起来
Take a bite maybe two of the stuff you hate 吃一两口你讨厌的东西
Use your fork, do not burp or I’ll set you straight 用刀叉,不要打饱嗝,不要让我念
Eat the food I put upon your plate 把碗里的东西吃干净
Get an A, get the door, don’t get smart with me 考好一点,去应门,别跟我耍小聪明
Get a grip, get in here, I’ll count to three 给我注意,给我过来,我数到3
Get a job, get a life, get a PHD 去赚钱,去上班,去拿个博士回来
Get a dose of, 去去去~~
“I don’t care who started it. 我~~不管是谁先开始的
You’re grounded until you’re 36” 你们给我禁足到36岁
Get your story straight and tell the truth for once, for heaven’s sake 给我长话短说,看在老天的份上,你们最好和我说实话!
And if all your friends jumped off a cliff would you jump, too? 如果你的朋友都去死,你是不是也去死?
If I’ve said it once, I’ve said at least a thousand times before 如果我说过一遍,我以前一定说了好几千遍
That you’re too old to act this way 你已经这么大了还这么幼稚,
It must be your father’s DNA 这一定是你老爸的DNA
Look at me when I am talking 跟我讲话时眼睛要看着我
Stand up straighter when you walk 走路时要站有站相
A place for everything and everything must be in place 每个东西都有它的位置,然后每个东西都要放回原位
Stop crying or I’ll give you something real to cry about 别再唉唉叫!否则我真地让你哭不出来!
Oh. 哈!
Brush your teeth, wash your face, put your PJs on 去刷牙、洗脸,穿睡衣
Get in bed, get up here, say a prayer with mom 睡觉去,抱一下,和我一起祷告
Don’t forget, I love you 别忘了,我爱你
And tomorrow we will do this all again because a mom’s work never ends 然后明天我们会再来一遍,因为母亲的工作永不结束
You don’t need the reason why 你不需要知道理由
Because, because, because, because 因为,因为,因为,因为
I said so, I said so, I said so, I said so 我说了算,我说了算,我说了算,我说了算!
I’m the mom, the mom, the mom, the mom, the mom.. 我是你妈!你妈,你妈,你妈,你唯一的妈!!
Ta da…

作者:Miyu
婷婷嫋嫋疏離,飄飄搖搖相依。